-->

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Roundup of old WIP's

I love starting new crochet projects.  I love testing patterns.  I love trying new stitches.  All of this means that, at any given time, I have lots of partially done projects on hand.

Since I don't want to get up and dig through all my stuff this evening, I'm just going to try to make a list from memory of projects that need to get done or get out.

1)In the closet in the computer-bedroom there is a almost done feather and fan shawl that I started as a crochet-along, or maybe a class with Angela Grabowski.  It's done in tunisian crochet and is beautiful.  I know where the incomplete shawl is, but don't know if I have enough yarn to complete.  I was using Paton's SWS something.

2)In the same closet as the shawl is a half done entrelac-in-the-round blanket from this tutorial.  I'm thinking I almost have enough rounds and maybe I can finish up the last round and when add an edging.

Moving on into the living room around my chair.
3)I have the Betty's Tunisian Tee that may or may not ever get finished.  I just don't seem to be able to connect with this project.  The yarn is beautiful and the pattern is an interesting type of tunisian entrelac, but I can't seem to pick up the project and work on it.

4)In a 2 gallon freezer bag near my chair is a slipstitch scarf that I love, love, love.  It's made with Cascade 220 superwash wool and is super soft.  It's a simple slipstitch pattern, but I don't seem to pick it up much when I have a moment to sit and crochet what I want to.

5)My Bumbleberry Pie afghan has been growing, but I'm still aways from finishing it.  I'm at the point where I'm having to join the squares - not my favorite task.  And I need to decide if I'm done with making squares and what kind of edging I will do.   The project is about twice as big as the pic in the link shows.

6)Pax shawl.  This one was a challenge to myself to do tunisian lace.  I've finished crocheting one and almost done with a 2nd, but both will need to be blocked.  I'm not very experienced at blocking, so someday when the basement is warmer, I will go down to the craft area and see if my blocking skills have improved.

7) Another one?  This list doesn't seem to stop does it?  The Tunisian Multi Garment was the project I was working on to complete an online class.  It's been hibernating for about 6 months now.

8)Hooded Capelet - I actually worked on this one a little bit today while I was at the laundromat.  I've completed the cape part and am working on the hood.

9)Test project for boot cuffs.  I've volunteered to test a pattern for a designer on Ravelry.  Haven't been able to work on it yet though because,

10)I'm working on a commission for a crochet designer.  For real money.  Which means that all the other stuff has to take a backseat until this project is done.

There's probably more stuff sitting around that I haven't listed, but this is what I can remember off the top of my head.  I'll try to do better in future weeks about posting pictures of my own projects instead of links to the project/pattern pages.  But I'm just too lazy to drag everything downstairs to take pictures today, plus it's really cold down there.


No comments:

Post a Comment