-->

Thursday, March 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 2012/03/29

Yes, I know today is Thursday and I'm a terrible blogger.  But the alliteration just isn't as pleasing as with the 'Wednesday' in the subject line.  Besides, I wasn't ready to take pictures and all that stuff yesterday.

So, do I have WIP's to talk about?  Does a dog have fleas?  I've got more WIP's than I can list.  I'll just do the top 5 or so.

1st my big news.  I was contacted by CGOA to mail in my portfolio for review for the Crochet Master's Certification.  Finally!!!! I mailed it Saturday and they confirmed receipt on Tuesday.  It has been assigned to a reviewer.  The email from CGOA said the the reviews can take up to a month and two reviewers will examine it.  So, I may not know anything to 2 months or more.  But at least I'm seeing some activity after waiting 9 months to be contacted to mail it in.

Modified Snowflake Afghan:  I've finished the body of the afghan and have started the edging.  I had 3 rounds of edging done when I decided to change how I was doing it, so I've actually done the edging twice.  Still have a couple of rounds to go and I'm thinking the afghan is too square.  But I'm dealing with that.


Bumbleberry Pie afghan: Didn't work on this one at all this week. Still lots of squares to be joined.  This is part of the Granny-A-Day CAL.  I think I'm about ready to finish making squares and start an edging, so will need another square project for the CAL.


Betty's Tunisian Tee: This is made in an entrelac fashion, but it's not easy to see in the pictures.  I gained a few rows this week.  I've tried to photo it around something since the bottom triangles have been joined in a circle.  At least I'm not still ripping out everything I'm putting in, I'm actually making some progress.


Spiral Afghan:  The spiral afghan that I had started last week has been undone.  Although I like the pattern, the yarn and hook didn't give me a soft drapey fabric.  I'll have to re-try this one later.

Poppy Afghan:  My poor, poor Poppy Afghan.  I frogged the edging back to the 1st round which is a round of dc.  I haven't decided whether to remove that round as well.  My options so far for rescuing the afghan are:
  1. Take all the edging off and just leave it un-edged (I don't think that's a real word).
  2. Take the rest of the edging off and start over with a new color.  I just can't see the edging I had planned in red though.
  3. Either leave the dc round on and just finish the afghan there
  4. Or try to do a different edging that will take less yarn and only uses what I have rescued from the previous, unfinished edging.

Stash Bag:  I got tired and needed to do something small with no pressure so I started a stash bag

 

No comments:

Post a Comment