-->

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 2012-03-21

I may not complete this post before midnight, but I started it on Wednesday!  These are my current WIP's (well, at least the ones I can get to).  Wherever possible, I have provided information to the pattern information.

Bumbleberry Pie afghan: Making slow but steady progress on this one. Lots of squares to be joined.  This is part of the Granny-A-Day CAL.  I think I'm about ready to finish making squares and start an edging, so will need another square project for the CAL.
Bumbleberry Pie afghan

Bobble Fringe Scarf test:
Signed up for this test on 2012-03-11.  I rummaged around for some #5 yarn. I don’t use it very often and was not optimistic of finding any any in my stash, but there was some in sack of yarn that I got through freecycle last week. Yippee! Don’t know for sure yet how to combine the colors, but it should be suitable for testing.  Progress has speeded up today since the test is due on the 23rd of march.  I've finished the base grid and am ready to make the vertical chains.
Bobble Fringe Scarf Test

Betty's Tunisian Tee:  I worked on this one a little bit at the doctor's office today.  Joined the 1st 2 triangles into a circle and started the 1st block.  This is made in an entrelac fashion, but it's not easy to see in the pictures.



Snowflake Stitch Afghan:  no change on this one this week
Snowflake Stitch Afghan

Spiral Afghan:  I started this one to see if the yarn from the Snowflake Afghan above would like this pattern better.  I do like the way it looks.  Do NOT like the way it feels.  There is no drape or softness at all. This one will be re-incarnated into something else.
Spiral Afghan

Poppy afghan:  My field of poppies on white met with a disaster a couple of weeks ago when I spilled (well, I dripped) some tea on it and I tried to wash it.  The red yarn faded and all that snowy white yarn turned a very light pink.  The pink isn't a bad color, I just didn't have any of that color to finish the border.  I've decided to remove the partially completed border and replace it with a red border.  Not exactly what I had envisioned, but I think it's a way that I can salvage the project.  This one is also part of the Granny-A-Day CAL mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment