-->

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Granny-Square-A-Day - Blocks 1 & 2

I was worried when I joined this Crochet-Along that I wouldn't be able to keep up, but so far it hasn't been hard.  The hard part is picking the pattern.  At first I thought I would try a different motif everyday.  But I've discarded that idea since I'm afraid that would give me a bunch of different sized squares that would be difficult to assemble into anything.  So I am using this sunburst motif to make squares for a afghan.

My 1st square was mostly just practice and will not be used in the afghan.  Perhaps I'll make other squares to go with it later to make into something.  I used a 'G' hook and Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn (except I think the white was RHSS).  The square was just wonky.  Would not lay flat and too stiff.  I think the white yarn may have been a little heavier than the other yarns, although theoretically they are all the same weight.  Then I found out that I have some ITLY white in another bag.  Dimensions of the square are approximately 5" x 5".




Second square is made from the ITLY white and a K hook.  I like it much better.  It's quite a bit bigger, 6" x 6" and lays much flatter.  Here's a link to the afghan I've chosen to do, http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SimplyAlice/sunburst-flower-granny-square.  I know, I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I'm pretty good and copying.  Sorry for those of you who can't get to the pattern.  You may have to be a member of Ravelry to see the afghan.


And, here is a picture with the 2 squares side by side, so you can see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment